- +32 2 426 14 14
Christophe is a partner in the IP & litigation department of ALTIUS and leads the firm’s life sciences and patents practice. In particular, he specialises in intellectual property, with a focus on patent law, and healthcare law. Christophe advises and assists national and international clients in complex litigation at the Belgian and international level.
Christophe is a regular contributor of legal articles and a speaker at conferences mainly in the field of intellectual property & pharmaceutical law, including delivering the inaugural address to the Brussels Bar Association for the judicial year 2005-2006.
He is a member of INTA, LES, EPLAW and was the president of AIPPI’s Belgian association from 2011 until 2017.
Christophe serves on the board of AIPPI Belgium and on the AIPPI Standing Committee on Pharma and is also a member of the editorial board of ICIP, a leading Belgian legal journal in the IP field.
He was appointed deputy judge at the Court of Appeal of Brussels in 2016 and is an active member of the International Bar Association (IBA), presently serving as officer of the IP Committee.
- LL.M. (University of Illinois), 1988
- Lic. Juris (KU Leuven – KUL), 1987, cum laude
- Christophe is fluent in Dutch, English and French
Selection of publications
- “Evoluties in het octrooirecht – Overzicht van rechtspraak 2018-2021”, TBH-RDC 2022,435-489 (overview of Belgian patent case law, with P. de Jong en K. Claeyé)
- “Omtrent het verbod van dubbele octrooiering in het Belgische en Europese octrooirecht en enkele andere vraagstukken”, ICIP 2021, 445-460
- “The Pharma Legal Handbook, Belgium”, Pharma Boardroom, December 2019 (with K Claeyé)
- “Evoluties in het octrooirecht – Overzicht van rechtspraak 2014-2018”, TBH-RDC 2018, 747-798 (overview of Belgian patent case law, with P. de Jong en K. Claeyé)
- “Het lot van de licentievergoedingen in geval van herroeping of nietigverklaring van het octrooi : een problematiek met talrijke facetten”, ICIP 2016, 1-22
- “Over de winstafdracht in geval van kwade trouw en enkele andere vraagstukken in het auteursrecht”, Computerrecht, 2015, 285-292
What our clients say about us
Christophe Ronse of ALTIUS is celebrated as “the gold standard of patent litigation” with peers heralding him as ” a great opponent because he’s real competition”. – Who’s Who Legal, 2022
“Christophe Ronse is a very experienced, excellent litigator.” – Legal 500, 2022
Ronse is “very knowledgeable, approachable and enjoyable to work with” – Chambers Europe, 2022
“Ronse is outstanding and thinks quickly on his feet when pleading before the courts.” – Chambers Europe, 2021
Christophe Ronse is “a master tactician in cases before the Belgian courts,” remarks one market commentator. – Chambers Global, 2020
Christophe Ronse at ALTIUS is a clear leader in the field who is particularly prominent in the fields of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology. One commentator notes that he is “the first port of call for the branded pharma industry.” – Who’s Who Legal, 2018