Digital & Technology
From Industry 5.0 to AI…
The digital revolution just happened; and it is not only online shopping and streaming services. Digital seeps into everything from your medical files to all the tools enabling WFH.
…and everything in between
From digital twins to Industry 5.0 to AI, there is no escaping digitalization. The digital impact of ever-changing technology applies to everyone from consumers with questions about the new metaworlds and their privacy rights to corporate executives concerned about the new rules of WFH and online corporate life. At ALTIUS, our experienced digital and tech team takes pride in being one step ahead in the fast-moving world of digital law.
How we can help
Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- What are Al’s legal implications for e-recruitment, automated credit rating or insurance decisions?
- What are the key issues in your business process automation contracts (such as logistics and supply chain management)?
- Does product liability apply to the acts of an artificially intelligent product or entity?
- How can you monitor your employees’ use of the Internet?
- What are your obligations in the event of a security incident?
- What are the steps to take if your company has been the victim of cybercrime (such as tech support scams, phishing or hacking)?
- How to align this technology with data protection rules?
- How to finance your public blockchain or cryptocurrency project through an ICO?
- How can blockchain help you to manage digital rights?
- Can you patent or otherwise protect your blockchain invention? If so, how can you enforce your patent?
Internet of Things
- How to manage the complex contractual set-up?
- How to comply with telecoms rules in the context of machine-to-machine communications?
- How to comply with the rules governing personal and non-personal data?
- What arrangements should you make when outsourcing your customer’s data to a cloud provider?
- How to guarantee effective consumer protection in this digital environment?
- How can you legally set-up a platform to share resources (e.g. real estate)?
- What is the liability of platforms for the services shared by their users?
- How to enforce IP rights in this context?
- How can you legally use drones?
- To what extent can you record images of private and public areas?
Our experts in
Digital & Technology law
Our latest digital & technology news
WEBINAR VIDEO | Digital Law Series #19: Keeping up with GDPR
In this Digital Law Series, Gerrit Vandendriessche and Quentin Fontaine put the spotlight on GDPR and data protection developments.Read more
ALTIUS Digital Law Series #19: Keeping up with GDPR
ALTIUS’ data protection team puts the spotlight on recent GDPR and data protection developments during dedicated webinars. Don’t miss the opportunity to keep up with the most recent GDPR and data protection developments on 9 March from 12:30 to 13:30.Read more
WEBINAR VIDEO | ALTIUS Digital Law Series #18: Keeping up with GDPR
During this session, our data protection teams have a closer look at: Jan Clinck and Pierre Antoine present this webinar in French and Dutch.Read more
Brussels Finest Lawyers
At ALTIUS, we look at your business from two different angles: legal
practice and industry sector. Our teams of specialised lawyers are
additionally grouped into dedicated, cross-specialty, industry-focused
teams. Whether you are looking for a dedicated legal specialist or a
team of industry insiders, at ALTIUS, we got your legal issue covered.
as your Legal Partner
At ALTIUS, we believe business is always personal. That’s why we’re so much more than just great lawyers; we are team players and relationship builders. Combining legal excellence with passion, optimism, and good judgement, we bring a fresh perspective and genuine commitment. Whatever your legal challenges, we think in new ways and find innovative solutions.