Digital & Technology
How we can help
Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- What are Al’s legal implications for e-recruitment, automated credit rating or insurance decisions?
- What are the key issues in your business process automation contracts (such as logistics and supply chain management)?
- Does product liability apply to the acts of an artificially intelligent product or entity?
- How can you monitor your employees’ use of the Internet?
- What are your obligations in the event of a security incident?
- What are the steps to take if your company has been the victim of cybercrime (such as tech support scams, phishing or hacking)?
- How to align this technology with data protection rules?
- How to finance your public blockchain or cryptocurrency project through an ICO?
- How can blockchain help you to manage digital rights?
- Can you patent or otherwise protect your blockchain invention? If so, how can you enforce your patent?
Internet of Things
- How to manage the complex contractual set-up?
- How to comply with telecoms rules in the context of machine-to-machine communications?
- How to comply with the rules governing personal and non-personal data?
- What arrangements should you make when outsourcing your customer’s data to a cloud provider?
- How to guarantee effective consumer protection in this digital environment?
- How can you legally set-up a platform to share resources (e.g. real estate)?
- What is the liability of platforms for the services shared by their users?
- How to enforce IP rights in this context?
- How can you legally use drones?
- To what extent can you record images of private and public areas?
Our latest digital & technology news
On 14 June 2023, the European Parliament adopted its positionon the draft AI Act, which brings one step closer an EU regulation for generative AI and other AI systems. This blog gives the highlights of the current draft text, taking into account the newest amendments that have been proposed.Read more
During this session, our data protection experts Jan Clinck and Pierre Antoine address different topics to keep you up to date with the recent GDPR developments!Read more
In this Digital Law Series, Gerrit Vandendriessche and Quentin Fontaine put the spotlight on GDPR and data protection developments.Read more
as your Legal Partner
At ALTIUS, we believe business is always personal. That’s why we’re so much more than just great lawyers; we are team players and relationship builders. Combining legal excellence with passion, optimism, and good judgement, we bring a fresh perspective and genuine commitment. Whatever your legal challenges, we think in new ways and find innovative solutions.