ALTIUS is a great place to start.
At ALTIUS, you get to dive right into your projects including contact with clients and real mission-critical tasks without feeling lost thanks to ALTIUS Academy training sessions, mentor programmes and our open-door policy. At ALTIUS, we want you to thrive and develop as a lawyer and as a person.
ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour & Taxis). ALTIUS currently has about 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their businesses, transactions and disputes. Pragmatic, professional and personal, every lawyer brings their own brand of passion and expertise to the job at hand. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently.
Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. Our service is unique in today’s legal space. Open minds and bold ideas – that’s what makes us so much more than great lawyers.
If you want to discover the atmosphere at ALTIUS, the way we work, collaborate with our colleagues and connect with our clients, we invite you to one of our summer internships.
We invite you to apply if:
- You are a law student in a Belgian university and you are currently in your 3rd Bachelor, 1st or 2nd Master and have plans to follow an additional year of study;
- You are available during one of the winter months or during the summer in July, August or September 2024;
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and in English. Your level of the other national language is suitable for professional use.
- You possess excellent writing skills;
- You prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are an open and enthusiastic team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented.
- You are not afraid to speak your mind, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and don’t always choose the more conventional path.
What we offer:
- A one month internship offering the opportunity to discover our internationally oriented work environment and the professional, friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere in the office;
- During one month you will join one of our teams: Commercial, Competition, Real Estate, Regulatory, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution, Corporate and M&A, Banking & Finance, Employment or Sports Law;
- During your internship you will work in our newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour & Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord.
Summer Intern Sports team, July 2023.
My internship at ALTIUS was a nice experience. I heard about ALTIUS through the many events, webinars and seminars the firm organizes. For instance, last year I attended the ALTIUS Experience, an afternoon of meetings between law students and ALTIUS’ lawyers, and got my first taste of the good spirit that ALTIUS exudes. This summer, I had the opportunity to integrate the Sports Law department as a summer intern. The expectations that I had were completely fulfilled during my internship. I joined a team of experts who guided me every day and who gave me regular feedback. From associates to partner, everyone was ready to share their knowledge. Thanks to this hands-on experience, I learnt some practical aspects I wasn’t familiar with.
In short, ALTIUS is an ideal place to get started and launch your career. The offices are located on the Tour & Taxis site in the heart of Brussels, so you start your day with a good feeling right away. You will join a dynamic team with a wealth of expertise and cross-disciplinary know-how, and above all you’ll have the opportunity to develop within a team of lawyers who are keen to help you progress.
Summer Intern Intellectual Property team, August 2023.
I found out about ALTIUS during the job days organised annually by the UCL. Since I had a good first impression of the firm, I quickly decided to apply for a summer internship within ALTIUS.
Over the last few weeks, I integrated the ALTIUS IP team. Given that the range of specific IP courses is fairly limited at my university, this internship was an ideal opportunity to learn a lot of things. The cooperation within the team went very smoothly. I joined a team of lawyers that gave me useful feedback on a regular basis. Although I could always rely on them, I was given a lot of responsibility and independence. I felt part of the team straight away. That was a big plus.
The vibe at ALTIUS is fantastic, I was welcomed with open arms. Everyone works hard, but there’s also room for relaxation. There’s no competitive spirit within the firm and everyone works as a team for each other. I always arrived at the office with a smile on my face. The ideal location of the offices also helped. The accessibility of Tour & Taxis and the surrounding area is a real asset!