ALTIUS is a great place to start.
At ALTIUS, you get to dive right into your projects including contact with clients and real mission-critical tasks without feeling lost thanks to ALTIUS Academy training sessions, mentor programmes and our open-door policy. At ALTIUS, we want you to thrive and develop as a lawyer and as a person.
ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour & Taxis). ALTIUS currently has about 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their businesses, transactions and disputes. Pragmatic, professional and personal, every lawyer brings their own brand of passion and expertise to the job at hand. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently.
Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. Our service is unique in today’s legal space. Open minds and bold ideas – that’s what makes us so much more than great lawyers.
If you want to discover the atmosphere at ALTIUS, the way we work, collaborate with our colleagues and connect with our clients, we invite you to one of our winter or summer internships.
We invite you to apply if:
- You are a law student in a Belgian university and you are currently in your 3rd Bachelor, 1st or 2nd Master and have plans to follow an additional year of study;
- You are available during one of the winter months or during the summer in July, August or September 2023;
- You are fluent in French or Dutch and in English. Your level of the other national language is suitable for professional use.
- You possess excellent writing skills;
- You prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are an open and enthusiastic team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented.
- You are not afraid to speak your mind, you have an entrepreneurial spirit and don’t always choose the more conventional path.
What we offer:
- A one month internship offering the opportunity to discover our internationally oriented work environment and the professional, friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere in the office;
- During one month you will join one of our teams: Commercial, Competition, Real Estate, Regulatory, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution, Corporate and M&A, Banking & Finance, Employment or Sports Law;
- During your internship you will work in our newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour & Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord.