Meet Gerrit Vandendriessche
He regularly advises on computer law, privacy and data protection, electronic communications, e-commerce, outsourcing, digital signatures and certification, software, cloud services, distant sales rules, commercial practices including (on-line) advertising, and general commercial law. Gerrit also conducts ICT-related litigation.
Gerrit is a regular speaker at conferences and has an extensive publication record in the fields of ICT and commercial law. He is also President of the Legal Hub of the Belgian Association of Marketing (BAM). Furthermore, he is a member of ITechLaw and IAPP.
Vandendriessche is a guest lecturer at the KULeuven and the Free University of Brussels (VUB).
- Special Master’s degree in information Technology and Communication law (University of Namur)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme (University of Granada)
- Lic. Juris (KU Leuven – KUL)
- Certificate Data Protection Officer (Data Protection Institute)
- Gerrit is fluent in Dutch, French, English and Spanish
Selection of publications
- Vandendriessche, G. en Schillebeeckx, A., “Het uitzonderingsregime voor de verwerking van persoonsgegevens voor onderzoek”, TPP, 2019, afl. 01, 14
- Vandendriessche, G., “Verwerking van persoonsgegevens” in De Buyst, D., Kortleven, P., Lysens, T. en Ronse, D., Bestendig Handboek Deskundigenonderzoek, Mechelen, Wolters Kluwer, 2018, III.10-1
What our clients say about us
“Gerrit Vandendriessche is always willing to go the extra mile. He is very knowledgeable and pragmatic at the same time.” – Legal 500, 2022
“He stands out as top-tier advisers and show an in-depth knowledge of Belgian technology and telecoms law.” – Legal 500, 2022
“Gerrit Vandendriessche is known for his “comprehensive advice.” – Legal 500, 2021
‘Gerrit Vandendriessche is not only generally known as a market-leading specialist in IT and privacy, he is also very practical and responsive in his dealings with clients and peers.‘ – Legal 500, 2020
Practice head Gerrit Vandendriessche attracts praise for his “to the point, accurate and no-nonsense approach and has significant experience in both contentious and non-contentious matters”. – Legal 500, 2019