Meet Jérôme Vermeylen
Jérôme Vermeylen’s practice is focused on M&A, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, and corporate law in general. He has an in-depth knowledge in cross-border mergers and reorganisations.
Jérôme advises numerous Belgian and international groups and private equity funds about their proposed acquisitions, investments, reorganisations and other corporate issues. He also assists clients in corporate dispute resolution files (e.g. post-acquisition claims, shareholders’ disputes, and directors’ liability issues) and in banking and finance matters. Over the years, Jérôme has been assisting clients from various industries, including technology and telecoms, insurance, real estate, logistics and non-profit.
Jérôme was Vice-President of the Corporate M&A Commission at AIJA (2014 – 2017) and is a member of the Belgian-Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Belgium-Japan Association & Chamber of Commerce.
He regularly speaks and writes on M&A and corporate law issues.
Jérôme has been consistently recommended in Legal 500 since 2016, and in IFLR since 2017.
- Special Degree in Corporate Law (KU Brussel – KUB)
- DAAD Special Program in German Law (Universität Tübingen and High Court of Düsseldorf)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme (University of London, Queen Mary & Westfield College)
- Lic. Juris (KU Leuven – KUL)
- Jérôme is fluent in French, Dutch, English and German
Selection of publications
- “European Cross-Border Mergers and Reorganizations”, Oxford University Press, 2012, 984 p. (with I. Vande Velde (eds.)
- “De binnenlandse en de grensoverschrijdende fusie- en splitsingsprocedures na de wet van 8 januari 2012”, Rechtskundig Weekblad, 2012 -2013, 962 – 983. (with A. Dauwe)
- “Arrêt “VALE Epitési”: la mobilité transfrontalière du siège statutaire est-elle un droit?”, Journal de Droit Européen, November 2012
- Commentaren op artikelen 109 tot 115 WIPR, in Duiding Internationaal Privaatrecht (I. Couwenberg, A. Hansebout and L. Vanfraechem, eds.), Larcier, 2014 (with K. Grillet)
- Commentaren op bepaling van het WV, in Duiding Vennootschappen 2017 (D. Bruloot e.a., eds.), Larcier, 2017 (with K. Grillet)
What our clients say about us
“Jérôme Vermeylen: Great sparring partner, always willing to make time (even late in the evening).” – Legal 500, 2022
“We especially appreciate the knowledge and service provided by Jérôme Vermeylen. We can be sure that with any question he will help to prepare an analysis of the situation, in collaboration with lawyers who have specific knowledge, and provide the perfect support to allow us to choose the best solution.” – Legal 500, 2021
“Jérôme Vermeylen appeared to us as well-thought, clever, humble. His knowledge on M&A matters was impressive, and he could help us a lot on the spot (…).” – Legal 500, 2020