ALTIUS’ Employment & Pensions team focuses on day-to-day advice on all employment issues relating to the conduct of a business in Belgium. Partners Sylvie Dubois, Sven Demeulemeester and Philippe De Wulf and their team are legal specialists in the field of:
- collective labour law (collective labour agreements and collective disputes);
- cross-border employment situations (international employment contracts, social security and tax aspects of international employment situations)
- employment issues related to a transfer of business, sale or purchase of businesses or parts of businesses;
- collective dismissals and closures of companies or parts of companies;
- litigation work in employment matters;
- service agreements, combinations of corporate mandates with service agreements or employment contracts, the problems surrounding “ false self-employed” persons;
- immigration law aspects (speci!cally work permits linked to international employment situations);
- pensions law
- arbitration in employment disputes.
Within the Employment team, Sven Demeulemeester heads the Sports Law niche practice, which advises sports players, clubs and governing bodies on contentious and day-to-day matters. A close collaboration with the Benefits&Compensations Team of the leading tax-law firm Tiberghien, allows an integrated approach to HR matters and offers clients a clear competitive advantage.