Philippe De Wulf
Philippe De Wulf advises and assists Belgian and international corporations as well as senior executives in non-contentious and contentious employment matters across various sectors from ICT and automotive to retail, hotels and chemicals. He has particular expertise in the employment, social security and pensions aspects of mergers and acquisitions and workforce restructuring.
As an experienced litigator, Philippe represents clients in a wide range of employment and social security disputes.
Having worked for both Belgian and international law firms, Philippe has considerable experience of cross-border employment situations. Over the years he has developed a particular interest in issues relating to the use of new technologies (e.g. artificial intelligence) in the workplace.
Philippe is a regular seminar speaker and regularly publishes articles on employment law-related topics.
He is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA), the ‘Vereniging Sociaal Recht’, the ‘Vereniging van Praktijkjuristen in Sociaal Recht’, and the European Employment Lawyers Association.
- Human Resources Management (HUBrussel– EMS -Ehsal)
- Master in European Law (University of Strasbourg)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme (University of Leipzig)
- Lic. Juris (University of Leuven)
- Can. Juris (University of Namur)
- Philippe is fluent in Dutch, French, English and German
Selection of publications
- “De Arbeidsrelatiewet: 5 jaar rechtspraak”, Oriëntatie 2012, p. 179 – 192. (with S. Diels and M-A. Staar)
- “Aandachts- en actiepunten voor het bestuur van een onderneming bij dreigende insolventie”, DAOR 2010, p. 105. (with B. De Moor, S. Diels and V. Van Steenkiste)
What our clients say about us
One client enthuses that Philippe De Wulf is an “outstanding lawyer whom I fully trust.” – Chambers Europe, 2022
“Philippe De Wulf is the best partner for your labour issues. He is always focused on obtaining the best solution for the complex matters.” – Legal 500, 2022
“Philippe De Wulf stands out as head of practice and is considered as (one of) the best employment lawyers in Brussels.” – Legal 500, 2022
“Philippe de Wulf is an exceptional lawyer; all his advice is excellent and specific.” -Legal 500, 2021
Clients of Philippe de Wulf enthused that: “He has a huge knowledge in his area of responsibilities.” and “It is clear that he has a lot of skills and experience in employment matters.” – Chambers Europe 2021
Philippe is ranked as “Thought Leader” in Who’s Who Legal: Labour & Employment 2021.