Bart has vast experience across the broad spectrum of commercial litigation, both in contractual matters and in tort liability.
Furthermore, Bart’s practice focuses on issues relating to insolvency and restructuring proceedings.
He is a regular speaker at various conferences and seminars concerning insolvency and restructuring.
He is a member of INSOL Europe and Co-Chair of INSOL Europe’s Anti-Fraud Forum.
Bart has a Lic. Juris from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
He also studied at the Universidad de Granada.
Bart obtained a Special Degree in Economics from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
‘Very strong’ managing associate. - Legal 500, 2018
Bart Heynickx is recommended in Legal 500, 2013.
Selection of publications:
- BELGIUM - MüKo InsO 4th edition, volume 4, Länderberichte (reports), to be published (with E. Goldschmidt).
- Effect of EU preventive restructuring directive on Belgian insolvency framework, October 2019.
- Will ECJ decision on Belgian insolvency proceedings lead to increased redundancies?, May 2019.
- Licence to contract – licence agreements and insolvency law, April 2019.
- Effects of bankruptcy on spouses' personal debts, December 2018
- Relationship between privileged and secured creditors, May 2018.
- Administrator liability in bankruptcy framework, November 2017.
- Insolvency in franchising relationships, February 2017.
- “Belgium: Stricter rules regarding reorganisation proceedings”, Eurofenix - The Journal of INSOL Europe, Country Reports Winter 2015/16, p.40.
- “Court supervised restructuring in Belgium”, Financier Worldwide, July 2014.
- “Rente en kosten bij het Europees betalingsbevel”, RW 2014, 21, 815. (with Alexander Hansebout).
- “Commentaar op artikelen 51 en 55 WCO”, in M. VANMEENEN (ed.), Wet en Duiding: Becommentarieerd wetboek WCO en Faillissementswet”, Brussel, Larcier, 2015.