Our Private Equity team has extensive experience assisting both international and domestic private equity firms, venture capital funds, niche real estate funds, senior debt and mezzanine providers and equity fund investors about their transactions. We also act for management teams that are seeking independent legal advisors.
We cover all types of private equity transactions, including buyouts, recapitalisations and exits. We are also frequently mandated to advise on venture capital investments in early-stage companies, particularly in the life sciences and technology sectors.
We can draw upon expertise across our other practice areas such as acquisition finance, tax, employment, IP/IT and merger control, to offer added value when needed to structure or implement a transaction, or in the context of due diligence investigations.
How we can help
- Formation of private equity funds
- Negotiating initial and follow-up investments in all types of portfolio companies (from early stage venture capital investments to complex leveraged buyouts, secondaries and public-to-private transactions)
- Structuring and incorporating acquisition vehicles and negotiating acquisition financing
- Additional acquisitions by portfolio companies (implementing a buy-and-build strategy)
- Corporate counsel and compliance, including governance issues, executive compensation and management incentive plans
- Exit planning and execution (whether through a sale to a strategic buyer, a secondary buyout or an initial public offering)