William focuses on public law and on public procurement in particular. He provides advice and litigates in tender proceedings.
William’s regulatory work consists of providing advice on all regulatory issues. He assists clients in litigation before the Belgian courts, the Constitutional Court and the Council of State, the country’s highest administrative court.
Furthermore, William has developed strong expertise in the energy and pharmaceutical sectors and often advises companies on the Belgian legal and regulatory framework. William also deals with real estate matters on a regular basis. He was involved in the drafting of the chapter on “Goods” in the new Belgian Civil Code.
William is a member of the Lawyers Association for Public law and the professional association of the Real Estate sector.
- LL.M. (Harvard Law School)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme (University of Salamanca)
- Lic. Juris (KU Leuven – KUL)
- William is fluent in Dutch, French, English and Spanish
Selection of publications
- “European Public Procurement Law: The Public Sector Procurement Directive 2014/24/EU Explained through 30 Years of Case Law by the Court of Justice of the European Union, Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, 2015, second edition.” (with C. De Koninck and T. Ronse)
What our clients say about us
William Timmermans is described as “really good and reactive,” and is praised for “giving pertinent advice and anticipating our needs.” He assists prominent clients with public procurement procedures, as well as PPP projects and public zoning matters. – Chambers Europe, 2020
Clients appreciate his “fast and accurate responses and constructive thinking” in addition to his “pragmatic approach” and litigation expertise. – Chambers Europe, 2019
Praised by clients for his “practical and operational approach,” coupled with his “strong expertise in contractual and litigation matters.” – Chambers Europe, 2018