ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour & Taxis). ALTIUS currently has about 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and our clients are mainly large foreign companies. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently. Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. Our service is unique in today’s legal space, therefore we are looking for candidates who are motivated to go the extra mile, are open minded, deliver quality and are not afraid to be challenged.
As a management assistant you will be responsible for the support of a partner and a number of lawyers. Your main responsibility will be to unburden the partner and the lawyers you will be working for. The job includes amongst others the following tasks:
- Processing and typing of legal advices, documents, reports and correspondence by email and/or letter;
- Opening and following-up of client files;
- Drafting of PowerPoint presentations;
- Monitoring deadlines and agenda management (in particular deadlines in procedures or transactions);
- Answering and directing phone calls with (global) clients and legal services of all kinds;
- Preparing and revising timesheets and invoices for consistency before handing over to the billing partner;
- Travel management (hotel reservations, plane and train reservations);
- Organising and coordinating (in-house) seminars;
- Possible extra tasks in case you are in possession of a Bachelor degree ‘Paralegal Assistant’:
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Ideally you hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field (Bachelor Office Management, Bachelor Paralegal, Master Translation, Academic Bachelor in Law, etc);
- You have a couple of years of experience in a similar role;
- You have an advanced knowledge of Word (track Changes, cross reference,…), PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel;
- You are a native Dutch or French speaker with a very good knowledge of the other language and English (spoken and written);
- You are flexible, communicative, punctual and solution-oriented;
- You have a positive mindset and take initiative;
- You are a team player but you can also work independently.
- A challenging position with a variety of tasks in a renowned law firm with international clients and files;
- A contract of indefinite duration, an attractive salary with fringe benefits, flexible working hours and possibility to work from home 1 day a week;
- A newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour & Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord (1,5 km). A shuttle bus to and from the train station is available every 5 minutes;
- Opportunities to attend (internal) training, workshops and incentive activities.
Full timeRead on
Full timeRead on
Brussels Finest Lawyers
At ALTIUS, we look at your business from two different angles: legal
practice and industry sector. Our teams of specialised lawyers are
additionally grouped into dedicated, cross-specialty, industry-focused
teams. Whether you are looking for a dedicated legal specialist or a
team of industry insiders, at ALTIUS, we got your legal issue covered.