Legal advice on a wide variety of new technologies and digital innovations
Due to the combination of experience from our different legal departments, our Digital Team is able to provide you with hands-on and commercially sound legal advice on a wide variety of new technologies and digital innovations, including:
Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- What are Al’s legal implications for e-recruitment, automated credit rating or insurance decisions?
- What are the key issues in your business process automation contracts (such as logistics and supply chain management)?
- Does product liability apply to the acts of an artificially intelligent product or entity?
- How can you monitor your employees’ use of the Internet?
- What are your obligations in the event of a security incident?
- What are the steps to take if your company has been the victim of cybercrime (such as tech support scams, phishing or hacking)?
- How to align this technology with data protection rules?
- How to finance your public blockchain or cryptocurrency project through an ICO?
- How can blockchain help you to manage digital rights?
- Can you patent or otherwise protect your blockchain invention? If so, how can you enforce your patent?
Internet of things
- How to manage the complex contractual set-up?
- How to comply with telecoms rules in the context of machine-to-machine communications?
- How to comply with the rules governing personal and non-personal data?
- What arrangements should you make when outsourcing your customer’s data to a cloud provider?
- How to guarantee effective consumer protection in this digital environment?
- How can you legally set-up a platform to share resources (e.g. real estate)?
- What is the liability of platforms for the services shared by their users?
- How to enforce IP rights in this context?
- How can you legally use drones?
- To what extent can you record images of private and public areas?
We also regularly advise technology groups, start-ups, and investors in relation to matters such as:
- Company formations, shareholders agreements, venture capital investments and financing;
- Acquisitions, joint ventures, divestures, reorganizations, MBO’s, LBO’s, capital markets and exits;
- The protection of their technologies, licensing agreements, non-disclosure agreements and IP dispute resolution;
- Data protection;
- Employment and management agreements, including IP and non-compete clauses, employment dispute resolution and restructurings;
- Commercial, telecom, software and other technology-related agreements and dispute resolution, as well as general conditions of sale or purchase;
- Antitrust advising and dispute resolution;
- Public procurement, permits and other administrative law advising and dispute resolution.