Esther specialises in individual and collective labour law and in social security law. She advises Belgian and international clients on a wide variety of labour law issues, such as hiring and firing, well-being, the transfer of undertakings, working time, employee representation, etc..
She also assists clients during negotiations, the drafting of company policies, contracts and collective bargaining agreements (CBAs).
Esther has broad experience in due diligence and advising in M&A-transactions.
She represents clients before the Employment Courts and Employment Appeal Courts.
Esther is also responsible for legal know how within ALTIUS’ employment department, the drafting of its newsletters and the development of its tools and websites.
Esther is a regular speaker at seminars and is a member of the ‘Vereniging Sociaal Recht’.
She has a Lic. Juris from the Universiteit Gent.
Selection of publications:
- Booklet on Equal Gender Pay, issued by the WSG network in 2019, Belgian chapter
- Booklet on Work Life Balance, issued by the WSG network in 2018, Belgian chapter
- Booklet on Monitoring of Employees, issued by the WSG network in 2017, Belgian chapter
- Employment section of the Belgian chapter in ‘Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Europe’, published by the Center For International Legal Studies, 2018.
- Booklet on Recovery and Claw-back and bookleton GDPR in an Employment Context (Belgian contributions) on the occasion of the EMEA Employment Lawyers Meeting of January 2019 in Paris
- Coordination of the ‘Question of the month’ published in HR Magazine
- The drafting of several newsletters