- +32 2 426 14 14
Sophie Lens specialises in intellectual property matters, with particular expertise in trademark and patent litigation, anti-counterfeiting and parallel-trade matters, as well as trade secrets. Her legal practice also includes unfair market practices, advertising, as well as drafting opinions and contracts in IP-related matters.
She is an active member of the: ‘Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle’, ‘Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats’, the French association, ‘Association des Praticiens du droit des Marques et des Modèles’, and the Belgian association, ‘Association Belge pour le droit d’Auteur’.
Sophie Lens is an author and co-author of various publications, and frequently participates as a speaker, moderator and/or co-organiser at various conferences and seminars, particularly on IP issues.
- Master of Law (Université catholique de Louvain – UCL)
- Master in Intellectual Property (KU Brussel – KUB)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme (University of Valencia)
- Sophie is fluent in French, English, Dutch and Spanish
Selection of publications
- Trade Secrets 2022, Chambers Global Practice Guides (author of Belgian chapter)
- “Protection of trade secrets during civil proceedings”, AIPPI, 2022 (co-author)
- “Reasonable awareness in compensation for infringement of IP rights”, I.C.I.P., 2021 (co-author)
- Trade Secrets, Lexology GTDT, 2021 (author of Belgian chapter)
- Law of raw data, AIPPI Law Series, Kluwer Law International, 2021 (co-author of Belgian chapter)
- “Standing to litigate and effect on remedies”, I.C.I.P., 2020 (co-author)
- “The Trade Secrets Directive – Belgium”, Les Nouvelles – Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, 2019/3 (author)
- “IP damages for acts other than sales”, I.C.I.P., 2019 (co-author)
- “Copyright in artificially generated works”, I.C.I.P., 2019 (co-author)
- “Les droits intellectuels, entre autres droits: Intersections, interactions et interrogations, Conférence UB3”, 2019 (co-author)
- “Joint liability for IPR infringement”, I.C.I.P., 2018 (co-author)
- “Quantification of monetary relief”, I.C.I.P., 2017 (co-author)
- “Trade secrets: overlap with restraint of trade, aspects of enforcement”, I.C.I.P., 2015 (co-author)
- “Copropriété (et partage) de droits intellectuels”, in Les droits intellectuels, D. Kaesmacher (coord.), Brussels, Larcier, 2013 (co-author)
What our clients say about us
What our clients say about us:
“Top flight IP team – involved in all the most important cases.” – Legal 500, 2022
Sophie was named a “Notable practitioner” by IP Stars 2021.
Sophie was named a “Rising star” by IP Stars 2020.