Competition and antitrust laws around the world are rapidly evolving and investigations by competition authorities and competition law litigation are increasing. Businesses must be aware of the evolutions in competition law rules and comply with them in their daily activities. ALTIUS’ team of specialists has built up an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of Belgian and European competition law.
Our competition team also represents clients before national and European competition authorities and courts. In major antitrust litigation cases, the competition team closely co-operates with ALTIUS’ litigation team.
We seek - by listening to you - to understand your business and the market in which you operate. This approach enables us to provide advice in a manner that is both practical and relevant to your business. We help you make the appropriate, strategic choices in often challenging circumstances.
How we can help
- Abuse(s) of dominant position(s)
- Antitrust litigation before the Belgian and European courts
- Antitrust proceedings before the Belgian and European competition authorities
- Assistance during “dawn raids” and anti-trust investigations
- Assistance in setting up and reviewing distribution agreements, technology transfer agreements, license agreements, joint ventures and other forms of horizontal and vertical co-operation agreements under antitrust rules
- Cartel investigations
- Competition law compliance training and the implementation of competition law compliance programs
- Leniency applications
- Merger control and merger filings with the Belgian and EU competition authority and the coordination of multi-jurisdictional filings
- State aid matters