Thijs specialises in national and international M&A transactions and corporate reorganisations. He regularly advises private equity firms, management and corporates on investments, divestments and restructurings.
Thijs also has a broad corporate practice, advising clients on various corporate matters (e.g. director’s liability, conflicts of interest, capital fluctuations) and is responsible for the corporate “housekeeping” of several companies (assisting with the preparation of board of directors’ meetings and shareholders’ general assemblies, the approval of the annual accounts, etc.).
- Master in General Management (Vlerick Business School)
- Erasmus Exchange Programme (University of Aarhus)
- Master of Laws (University of Ghent)
- Thijs is fluent in Dutch, English and French
Selection of publications
- “Kennis van de koper van aandelen: pacta sunt servanda vs. bona fides” (noot onder Gent 18 februari 2013), TRV-RPS 2018, 329
- The new Belgian Code on Companies and Associations. ‘Crash Course’ on the reform
- “The code is dead, long live the code”, ALTIUS blog, 2019
What our clients say about us
“Thijs Herremans is highly involved and on top of his tasks. He is fully committed to get things done. Ambition and drive are obvious.” – Legal 500, 2020