Grégory handles a wide range of legal matters in the field of sports with European and International Law, with a particular focus on fundamental rights. He assists athletes, investors, sponsors, clubs and both national and international sports governing bodies.
Grégory lectures on “Sport and the internal market” at the University of Aix-Marseille. He also lectures on “Doping Law” and “Transfer and Agent Law” at the University of Lille. The Liège Bar lists Grégory as an expert in sports law.
Furthermore, Gregory is a member of the international lawyers’ association in football law (A.I.A.F.).
He is also an arbitrator at the CIDD (Commission Interfédérale Disciplinaire en matière de Dopage) and the Disciplinary Committee of the International Judo Federation (F.I.J.), which is located in Paris.
- Lic.Juris (University of Liège)
- Grégory is fluent in French and English
Selection of publications
- “Civil liability for sports injuries and why courts compete with arbitration in Belgium”. (with S. Demeulemeester).
- “Le contrat de travail à durée déterminée spécifique dans le sport professionnel, à l’épreuve du droit communautaire”
- “National Implementations of the FIFA Regulations on Working with Intermediaries (RWI) – BELGIUM”. (with S. Demeulemeester)
- “Arbitral Proceedings Suspended Pending Criminal Action Against agents”. (with N. Verborgh)
- “The URBSFA’s decision not to grant Excelsior Virton a professional licence appears prima facie to be incompatible with Belgian competition law”. (with N. Verborgh)
- Several publications in the ALTIUS Sports Law newsletter together with Sven Demeulemeester