Sophie specialises in intellectual property matters, with particular expertise in trademark and patent litigation, anti-counterfeiting and parallel-trade matters. Her legal practice also includes unfair market practices, advertising, as well as drafting opinions and contracts in IP-related matters.
Sophie has a Master of Laws from the Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve as well as a Master in Intellectual Property from the Vrije Universiteit Brussel. Before graduating, Sophie went to the University of Valencia as part of the Erasmus Exchange Programme.
Sophie is a member of the: ‘Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle’, ‘Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats’, the French association, ‘Association des Praticiens du droit des Marques et des Modèles’, and the Belgium association, ‘Association Belge pour le droit d’Auteur’.
Sophie is an author and co-author of various publications, and frequently participates as a speaker, moderator and/or co-organiser at various conferences and seminars, particularly on IP issues.
Selection of publications
- “Copropriété (et partage) de droits intellectuels”, in Les droits intellectuels, D. Kaesmacher (coord.), Brussels, Larcier, 2013 (co-author)
- “Trade secrets: overlap with restraint of trade, aspects of enforcement”, I.C.I.P., 2015 (co-author)
- “Quantification of monetary relief”, I.C.I.P., 2017 (co-author)
- “Joint liability for IPR infringement”, AIPPI, 2018 (co-author)
- “The Trade Secrets Directive – Belgium”, les Nouvelles – Journal of the Licensing Executives Society, 2019/3 (auteur)
- “IP damages for acts other than sales”, AIPPI, 2019 (co-author)
- “Copyright in artificially generated works”, AIPPI, 2019 (co-author)
- “Les droits intellectuels, entre autres droits: Intersections, interactions et interrogations, Conférence UB3”, 2019 (co-author)