ALTIUS’ dispute resolution team is skilled in dealing with legal disputes, litigation and arbitration for Belgian and international clients of all sizes. The team has been praised for its “very hands-on and client friendly approach” (Chambers and Partners; Legal 500).
The team’s expertise includes advising clients on conflict avoidance, pre-litigation/arbitration strategic counselling and settlement through negotiations or mediation. The focus is on providing a practical, cost-effective and commercially sound solution for our clients. If a settlement cannot be agreed with the other parties, ALTIUS’ team members assertively represent our clients’ interests and, if required, can draw upon the extensive expertise and knowledge of ALTIUS’ other specialist teams.
ALTIUS’ lawyers are qualified to appear before the Belgian courts and the European jurisdictions. ALTIUS has been involved in groundbreaking litigation before the European courts, in numerous high-profile and complex cases before the Belgian courts and some of the largest arbitration cases in Belgium.
ALTIUS’ expertise and international network enables our team to deal with complex and international disputes efficiently and successfully.
How we can help
- (Cross border) debt recovery
- (International) arbitration
- Commercial litigation
- Competition law issues in general litigation/arbitration
- Corporate litigation
- Finance-related litigation
- Injunctions and emergency proceedings
- Insolvency litigation
- Liability and insurance
- Negotiation and mediation
- Pre-litigation counselling and diligence
- Private antitrust enforcement
- Recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitration awards (incl. against sovereign entities)