Sport is a global industry with ever-increasing legal complexities and numerous challenges for all the stakeholders involved. Today, clients in the sports sector require a fully-fledged sports practice with a multi-disciplinary approach that is able to deliver expert advice in every field of law impacting upon the practice and organisation of sports.
Our sports law practice consists entirely of leading experts who are each specialists in the field’s various legal issues and at the same time have a profound understanding of the sports business. Our sports law practice boasts several lawyers who are recognised by the legal directories as leading practitioners within sports law.
We fully understand the various aspects of national and international sports governing bodies’ regulations and their specific dispute resolution mechanisms. Our firm has ample experience before sports tribunals and arbitration panels, including representation of clients before the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
We advise athletes, intermediaries, investors, clubs sponsors, events organisers and sports governing bodies at both the national and international level.
Our exclusive and close collaboration with the leading tax firm, Tiberghien, enables our team to secure tax compliance when handling sports issues.
How we can help
- Competition law issues
- Corporate sports matters and M&A
- Disciplinary matters, including doping issues
- IP and personality rights
- Licensing and regulatory matters
- Sports infrastructure
- Sports mediation and dispute resolution
- Trade mark registrations and infringements
- Hiring and firing, including transfer negotiations
- Contractual disputes
- Acquisition of Belgian nationality and naturalisation
- Broadcasting and publishing agreements