At ALTIUS, we understand our clients’ needs in difficult times.
First of all, we assist debtors, financial institutions or other stakeholders in making the appropriate, strategic choices to secure the continuity of their (clients’) business and support their long-term growth.
We are aware that we have a very delicate task when working with companies considering how to restructure their debt. Our first consideration is to understand the extent of the insolvency, evaluate the legal, commercial and strategic risks involved, and then come up with the right solutions.
In large and complex restructurings, we work closely together with lawyers in related practice areas, including our employment team and the tax lawyers of Tiberghien. As a result, we can provide a seamless and integrated service.
Further on, we specialise in the recovery of distressed debt. In that regard we can provide assistance in the framework of insolvency-related litigation and are frequently acting for secured or unsecured creditors to recover funds and goods .
Our lawyers are member of INSOL Europe, the European organisation of professionals who specialise in insolvency, business reorganisation and recovery.
How we can help
- Defending our clients’ interests when business partners are bankrupt, on the verge of insolvency or are applying for judicial protection against their creditors.
- Recovering (un)secured claims or unpaid goods from companies under judicial protection or bankrupt companies.
- Obtaining judicial protection, whether under the Belgian Act regarding the Continuity of Enterprises or through the recognition of foreign protective court orders.
- Assisting clients in view of the reorganisation of their business to safeguard the continuation of their activities, both through out-of-court restructuring or by requesting protection from creditors to draft, negotiate and implement a reorganisation plan.
- Taking over the assets of businesses as a going concern from companies that are under judicial protection.