- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 1 - Key takeaways from recent legal developments - 13/05/2020
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 2 - Vie privée, télétravail, contrats électroniques : trois thèmes juridiques clés en ces temps de Covid-19’ / Privacy, telewerken, elektronische contracten: drie essentiële juridische thema's in deze Covid-19 tijden - 28/05/2020
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 3- Tips & tricks for your website - 12/06/2020
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 5 - Personal data breaches - 09/07/2020
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 6 - Complaint handling and overview case law of the Belgian Data Protection Authority - 30/07/2020
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 7 - Overview recent recommendations of the EDPB and the Belgian Data Protection Authority - 28/08/2020
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 8- AI in the workplace - 17/09/2020
Artificial intelligence is developing fast and is increasingly incorporated in HR tools used for, amongst other things, recruiting and performance management. AI certainly increases efficiency and reduces the burden on management and employees, but at the same time, it entails a number of potential risks, such as biased decision-making, privacy breaches, transparency and liability issues.
They will elaborate on the key issues, which include:
- Privacy and data protection issues with AI and automated decision-making.
- Discrimination issues when ‘machines’ or algorithms’ make decisions.
- Who will be liable for accidents or damages due to AI-made decisions: the robot, the designer, the employer, the employee?
- Do employee representative bodies need to be informed and consulted when introducing AI in the workplace?
- Can a robot give instructions to employees?
- Ethics in AI.
This seminar has been awarded one point by the IBJ/IJE.
This seminar will be held in Dutch & French.
17 September 2020, 2pm to 3pm- register by clicking here.
- ALTIUS Digital Law Series 9- Everything about FinTech - 03/12/2020
This lunch debate will be held in Dutch & French
3 December 2020- register by clicking here.