Specialising in both individual and collective employment law, Astrid assists Belgian and international clients with a wide variety of labour law issues, such as recruitment and dismissal, employee well-being, compensation and benefits, company restructurings, transfer of undertakings, working time, employee representation, etc. She has a special interest in non-compete issues, international mobility (such as posting set-up and simultaneous employment in different countries) and alternative remuneration schemes (such as stock option or warrant plans).
Astrid also assists clients with complex litigation matters concerning employment law issues before the Belgian Employment Courts and Employment Appeal Courts.
Astrid is a member of the “Association des Juristes Praticiens du Droit Social/Vereniging van de Praktijkjuristen in Sociaal Recht” and is a regular speaker at conferences and seminars on labour law topics..
- LL.M. International Legal Studies (New York University School of Law) – Fulbright scholarship
- Mercator Exchange Programme (University of Ottawa)
- Master in Law (Catholic University of Louvain)
- Bachelor in Law (University of Brussels)
- Astrid is fluent in French, English and Dutch
Selection of publications
- “Les clauses de non-concurrence en droit du travail et en droit économique – 75 questions réponses”, Larcier, January 2020 (with Q. Silvestre)
- “End of the vigilance phase in the workplace as from 11 May 2022: back to business as usual?”, ALTIUS blog, 2022
- “L’employeur peut-il encore agir un an après la fin du contrat de travail pour des faits de concurrence déloyale ?”, HR Magazine, 2022
- “Un employeur peut-il encore faire application, en cas de licenciement d’un ouvrier, d’une clause de préavis réduit valablement conclue avant le 1 janvier 2014?”, HR Magazine, 2021
- “Posting workers to Belgium: all you need to know”, a brochure for undertakings, 2021 (with E. Soetens and E. Van Caenegem)
- “Day X+35: the filing of the candidates’ lists”, ALTIUS blog, 2020
- “Night work in e-commerce in 2020: nothing new under the sun?”, ALTIUS blog, 2020
- “Better protection for teleworkers from occupational accidents”, ALTIUS blog, 2019
- “Can drivers spend their regular weekly rest period in the transport vehicle”, ALTIUS blog, 2019