ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour & Taxis). ALTIUS currently has 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and our clients are mainly large foreign or Belgian companies. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently. Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. We are looking for candidates who are motivated to go the extra mile, are open minded, deliver quality and are not afraid to challenge and be challenged.
To strengthen our Intellectual Property team, we are currently looking for a paralegal.
Our IP practice group is unique in today’s legal space. It is one of the largest IP teams in Belgium and has a stellar reputation handling a wide range of IP law. At ALTIUS, IP is more than just patents and trademarks. We have niche market experts representing groups of producers in the foodstuffs and wine & spirits sectors, specialists in plant varieties, seeds and life sciences, as well as in the world of software and new technologies.
As a paralegal, your main responsibilities will be to provide legal support on procedural files and to oversee all know-how related activities within the IP practice group.
The job includes amongst others the following tasks:
- Overseeing and organization of procedural files;
- Drafting of templates and legal documents;
- The organization of the practice group’s know-how database;
- Providing academic and legal input for presentations, articles, newsletters;
- The organization of webinars.
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in law;
- You are fluent in Dutch. Your level of English and French is suitable for daily use in a business environment. Any knowledge of an additional language is a plus;
- You are familiar with research tools such as legal databases;
- You have good knowledge of MS Office;
- You possess excellent writing skills and you prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach;
- You have a positive mindset and a can-do attitude;
- You are proactive and show initiative;
- You are an open and enthusiastic team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented;
- You are not afraid to speak your mind and have shown your entrepreneurial spirit in the past.
- A challenging position with a wide variety of tasks and plenty of internal and external contacts in a renowned law firm with international clients;
- An open-minded work environment that gives you room to propose new initiatives;
- A newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour & Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord (1,5 km). A shuttle bus to and from the train station is available free of charge every 5 minutes;
- Opportunities to attend (internal) training, workshops and incentive activities;
- The possibility to participate in all kind of activities (ALTIUS weekend, drinks, wellbeing sessions, sport activities, …);
- A competitive and attractive financial compensation.
Brussels Finest Lawyers
At ALTIUS, we look at your business from two different angles: legal
practice and industry sector. Our teams of specialised lawyers are
additionally grouped into dedicated, cross-specialty, industry-focused
teams. Whether you are looking for a dedicated legal specialist or a
team of industry insiders, at ALTIUS, we got your legal issue covered.