Junior Associate Public Law
Junior Associate Public Law
ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour & Taxis). ALTIUS currently has about 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their businesses, transactions and disputes. Pragmatic, professional and personal, every lawyer brings their own brand of passion and expertise to the job at hand. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently. Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. Our service is unique in today’s legal space. Open minds and bold ideas – that’s what makes us so much more than great lawyers.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a junior associate to join our Public Law Team as from September 2023.
The Public law Team
Our team has an excellent reputation in both Belgian and EU procurement legislation and our international clients count on the team to clarify Belgian procurement legislation, Belgian civil law and the latest developments at EU level. We advise on tenders, contracting authorities, procurement law and litigation.
- You are a Belgian qualified lawyer and an additional Master in a relevant area is considered an advantage;
- If you have worked or studied abroad we consider this to be an asset.
- You are fluent in Dutch. Your level of English and French is suitable for daily use in a business environment. Any knowledge of an additional language is considered a plus.
- You possess excellent writing skills and you prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are an open and enthusiastic team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented.
- You are not afraid to speak your mind, have shown your entrepreneurial spirit in the past (ex: involvement in a student club, sport club, etc.), and don’t always choose the more conventional path.
- An internationally oriented work environment offering the opportunity to work on challenging (inter)national cases.
- Interesting internal and training opportunities for professional and personal development; at ALTIUS you keep growing and learning every day.
- The possibility to participate in all kind of activities (ALTIUS weekend, drinks, wellbeing sessions, sport activities, …).
- You will work with talented and seasoned colleagues in a professional, friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere.
- The opportunity to work in a newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour & Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord.
- A competitive and attractive financial compensation and the opportunity to work flexible.
Brussels Finest Lawyers
At ALTIUS, we look at your business from two different angles: legal
practice and industry sector. Our teams of specialised lawyers are
additionally grouped into dedicated, cross-specialty, industry-focused
teams. Whether you are looking for a dedicated legal specialist or a
team of industry insiders, at ALTIUS, we got your legal issue covered.