Associate IP – Life Sciences Law
ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour&Taxis). ALTIUS currently has about 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their businesses, transactions and disputes. Pragmatic, professional and personal, every lawyer brings their own brand of passion and expertise to the job at hand. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently. Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. Our service is unique in today’s legal space. Open minds and bold ideas – that’s what makes us so much more than great lawyers.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an associate with 1 to 3 years of experience to join our IP – Life Sciences Law Team.
The IP Team
Our IP team is one of the largest IP teams in Belgium. Its expertise covers all the traditional branches of IP law over a wide-range of industry sectors. We also handle emerging technology-related disciplines.
- You are a Belgian qualified lawyer and you have 1 to 3 years of experience in IP ideally in a similar practice. An additional Master in a relevant area is considered an advantage and experience or a strong interest in Life sciences matters would be an asset;
- If you have worked or studied abroad we consider this to be an asset.
- You are fluent in Dutch. Your level of English and French is suitable for daily use in a business environment. Any knowledge of an additional language is considered a plus.
- You possess excellent writing skills and you prefer a pragmatic and hands-on approach.
- You are an open and enthusiastic team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented.
- You are not afraid to speak your mind, have shown your entrepreneurial spirit in the past (ex: involvement in a student club, sport club, etc.), and don’t always choose the more conventional pat
- An internationally oriented work environment offering the opportunity to work on challenging (inter)national cases.
- Interesting internal and training opportunities for professional and personal development; at ALTIUS you keep growing and learning every day.
- The possibility to participate in all kind of activities (ALTIUS weekend, drinks, wellbeing sessions, sport activities, …).
- You will work with talented and seasoned colleagues in a professional, friendly, pleasant and collaborative atmosphere.
- The opportunity to work in a newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour&Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord.
- A competitive and attractive financial compensation and the opportunity to work flexible.