Accounting & Project Officer
Accounting & Project Officer
ALTIUS is an independent Belgian law firm based in Brussels (Tour & Taxis). ALTIUS currently has about 65 lawyers and 25 staff members. We are a full-service law firm and we advise Belgian and international companies on the legal aspects of their businesses, transactions and disputes. Pragmatic, professional and personal, every lawyer brings their own brand of passion and expertise to the job at hand. At ALTIUS, we do legal differently. Going the extra mile and challenging the status quo is the way we work with every colleague, client and business partner. Our service is unique in today’s legal space. Open minds and bold ideas – that’s what makes us so much more than great lawyers.
To strengthen our finance team, we are currently looking for an accounting and project officer.
As an accountant and project officer, your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- In coordination with the Senior accountant, to process the supplier invoices by setting up de supplier, apply the correct cost center, create credit notes;
- In coordination with the billing officer, to issue invoices to our clients, follow-up on the invoicing process, manage third party client accounts and follow-up on past due invoices;
- To manage several projects within the finance team with a main focus on streamlining of processes and systems;
- To act as a liaison with the business and to be the day-to-day point of contact for lawyers and assistants.
You will also be involved in:
- Process of e-billing
- Entering bank statements
- Provide information to supervisory directors and create customer letters for year-end closings
- Prepare declarations (foreign VAT, F01GDS)
Ideally you hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting;
- You are a starter or have a couple of years of experience in a similar role;
- You have an advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel) and other systems;
- You are a native Dutch or French speaker with a very good knowledge of the other language and English (spoken and written);
- Attention for detail;
- You are flexible, communicative and solution-oriented;
- You have a positive mindset and take initiative;
- You are a team player but you can also work independently;
- You are eager to learn and improve ways of working (or systems we work with).
- A challenging position with a variety of tasks in a renowned law firm with international clients and files;
- A contract of indefinite duration, an attractive salary with fringe benefits, flexible working hours and possibility to work from home 1 day a week;
- A newly refurbished office in the magnificent Royal Depot building on the Tour & Taxis site – easily accessible by car and by train from Gare du Nord (1,5 km). A shuttle bus to and from the train station is available every 5 minutes;
- Opportunities to attend (internal) training, workshops and incentive activities;
- The opportunity to grow within the finance & accounting team.
Brussels Finest Lawyers
At ALTIUS, we look at your business from two different angles: legal
practice and industry sector. Our teams of specialised lawyers are
additionally grouped into dedicated, cross-specialty, industry-focused
teams. Whether you are looking for a dedicated legal specialist or a
team of industry insiders, at ALTIUS, we got your legal issue covered.