We are currently looking for an experienced associate to join our Finance & Projects team.
The team is working on complex international financing transactions, mainly in the area of leveraged finance, project finance and export finance. The team is active on financing matters in Belgium, but equally abroad and in particular in Sub-Saharan Africa. We draft finance documentation but also handle the “project documentation”. This means that we draft and assist in respect of off-take agreements, distribution agreement, PPA’s, engineering contracts and other contracts in the framework of mostly infrastructure projects. We work in close co-operation with members of other teams within our firm. On a day-to-day basis, we also assist Belgian and foreign funders in finance regulatory matters, funds, corporate lending, sanction regulations and consumer credit (bank).
The work is challenging and requires team members with excellent legal technical skills, social skills and the ability to work with local counsels abroad in less usual jurisdictions. The standard finance documentation is our basis, but not our core business, as our clients count on us to structure and guide the transaction.
• You have 3-6 years' experience in the finance team of an international law firm.
• You wish to broaden your scope of activity to projects
• You are a Belgian qualified lawyer and have strong legal technical and writing skills.
• You are interested in true international work and highly motivated.
• You are fluent in English and Dutch. Knowledge of French or another language is a plus.
• You are a team player, highly motivated and internationally oriented who combines a keen interest in legal banking and finance matters with commercial awareness.
• A working environment with interesting opportunities for professional development and advancement.
• You will be surrounded with talented colleagues and you will work in a friendly, pleasant, and collaborative atmosphere.
• A competitive and attractive package.