Given the increased importance of competition law issues in transactions and in all types of commercial co-operation agreements, ALTIUS has developed within its commercial and competition law department a team of specialists with in-depth knowledge of Belgian and European competition law.
The Competition team advises a wide range of domestic and multinational clients on all aspects of competition law, including: merger control, strategic alliances, antitrust investigations and procedures, the establishment and operation of distribution systems, the licensing and use of intellectual property rights, State aid and abuses of dominant market positions.
The team represents clients before the Belgian and EU competition authorities and the Belgian and EU courts.
ALTIUS’ Competition team also regularly assists clients in the setting up and reviewing of distribution arrangements, license agreements and other forms of horizontal and vertical co-operation agreements under antitrust rules. As the same department brings together the firm’s competition law and commercial law expertise, it offers an efficient “one-stop” service for clients requiring reviews of commercial practices, distribution networks, joint ventures and other forms of co-operation agreements, both under Belgian contract law and (Belgian and EU) competition law.
The team regularly assists clients in the setting-up and rolling-out of compliance programmes and “dawn –raid” training courses. A dedicated ALTIUS’ “dawn raid” team provides assistance during EU and Belgian anti-trust investigations.
How we can help
- Abuse(s) of dominant position(s)
- Antitrust litigation before the Belgian and European courts
- Antitrust proceedings before the Belgian and European competition authorities
- Assistance during “dawn raids” and anti-trust investigations
- Assistance in setting up and reviewing distribution agreements, technology transfer agreements, license agreements, joint ventures and other forms of horizontal and vertical co-operation agreements under antitrust rules
- Cartel investigations
- Competition law compliance training and the implementation of competition law compliance programmes
- Leniency applications
- Merger control and merger filings with the Belgian and EU competition authority and the coordination of multi-jurisdictional filings
- State aid matters